Carbins Miller Agency Welcomes You.
Tax season is almost upon us and The Carbins Miller Agency encourages clients to adhere to the following:
- The appointment process is being streamlined and punctuality is of extreme importance. If you are going to be more than five minutes late, please reschedule as you will not be able to be seen.
- Please make an appointment for every person who will be having their taxes prepared. If there are four people, four appointments are necessary. People will not be seen without an appointment. Also, if you have multiple years’ worth of taxes to be prepared – make a separate appointment for each year.
- If you are located in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs, please make an appointment to come in and get your taxes prepared, faxes or drop offs will not be accepted without prior approval. Also expect drop-offs to take at least a week for preparation as we have a schedule full of clients to see also.
- The Carbins Miller Agency will not be setting any new tax appointments via telephone until January 2014. If you need to make an appointment, please go online to www.carbinsmilleragency.com and click on “Make An Appointment” after 11/15/13.
- You are still able to retrieve a copy of prior and current tax returns by going to www.carbinsmilleragency.com and clicking on Client Portal. Your password is the last four digits of your SSN. If your info is not available please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so it can be updated. You can also use this Client Portal to upload any documents you need to send to The Carbins Miller Agency. (W-2s, 1099s, etc.)
The fee structure for The Carbins Miller Agency is as follows:
- 1040EZ $75.00
- 1040A $125.00
- 1040 w/Itemized Deductions $175.00
- 1040 w/Schedule C or E $200.00
- 1120 $200.00
- Amendments $100.00
These fees are extremely comparable in the marketplace and are still considerably lower than the major chains. There are additional bank fees of approximately $90 if you choose to have the fee removed from your refund. We accept cash, checks and credit cards for your convenience.
The Internal Revenue Service has implemented the following changes that all tax preparers have to adhere to:
- No tax returns can be prepared and submitted without a W-2. The Carbins Miller Agency will be able to prepare taxes and give an estimate based on the last check stub but nothing can be submitted without the W-2 in the office, so if you get an early appointment, KEEP IT and fax the W-2 when received and your return will be submitted upon receipt.
- If you are a self-employed client, The Carbins Miller Agency will need to see your records proving income and expenses. Without that information, The Carbins Miller Agency will not be able to prepare your taxes. We will not assist you with preparing these records, they need to be done when you arrive for your tax appointment or you will need to reschedule.
- If you are a client that habitually goes tax exempt and opted to do so this year, The Carbins Miller Agency WILL NOT be able to complete your tax return – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If you are filing for education credits or residential energy credits, you must provide receipts that prove you attended school or purchased energy efficient items for your home. Without this information, the credit may not be claimed.
- If you have a child in daycare, you must provide a receipt with the childcare provider’s name, address and EIN number. Without this information, the credit may not be claimed.
- If you wish to file a theft loss on your taxes, please bring in a police report to substantiate the loss.
I would also like to remind you that The Carbins Miller Agency offers services such as bookkeeping, payroll, benefits administration and small business startup assistance. If any of these services would be of help to you, please call our office for a free consultation.
Get in Touch With Us.
Call us at 773 493-1040 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Carbins Miller Agency
2311 E 71st St
Chicago, IL 60649
Or you may use our contact form.
Login is SSN and password is last four of SSN.
To Make An Appointment:
You can reach us during the following hours:
January 15th thru May 1st:
Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
Tuesday - Saturday: 10 am - 8 pm
After May 1st:
Email us for an appointment